Erica Bell

I am a Special Education K-6 major at the University of South Alabama.

What Teaching Means to Me

Teaching is a life, not just a job. I want to give the children I teach every opportunity I can. No matter where they are from, or where they are at intellectually every student deserves to have a chance to become something. As a teacher I have the chance to make a difference. I have never wanted to sit behind a desk and just go along in life not making a difference and not affecting anybody’s life positively and for the better everyday. So as a teacher I could teach and grow these students to be smart respectful teenagers and adults. I could make a impact in their lives!

Why I Want to Teach K-5

I am a Special Education Major K-6. I believe that elementary students are the ones you can mold and create a want to learn. So many students do not want to learn. I believe that is fault of their past teachers. I have always had the passion to want to learn and be my best and I truly believe it was because of the amazing elementary teachers that took the time to invest their passion in me. Early elementary as in K-5 is when the students learn the most important things in education as in the Alphabet, basic math, and creating sentences. They also learn the respect and the drive to do great then if they are taught the right way.

Special Education Children

Special education students may have a disability but they can work past it. With the right motivation and drive a special education student can do just as well or better as a regular student. So many teachers and parents like to treat these students as babies, this only handicaps them more. So as a special education teacher I will be teaching elementary that it when I can put it in their mind that they can be just as smart and successful as other students. This is also the time to teach parents how to give their children a chance to make something of themselves.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Parents and Teachers Should Unite

It takes a team to give a child the best learning experience possible. That team is the teacher and the parents. Parents should keep up with what the student should be doing at home. A parent should want to be involved. Children with parents involved in their education are more likely to succeed. It is also part of the teacher’s job to make sure this unitization occurs. A teacher should know the parents and should have regular meeting or conferences with the student’s parents to make sure the child is doing the best he or she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment